Skip to main content

Kado- Yakitori Restaurant at Intercontinental Hotel MidPlaza Jakarta

I had a huge Yakitori craving last week, and my friends suggested me to check out Kado at Intercontinental Hotel MidPlaza. Kado is apparently quite very famous for Yakitori in Jakarta and very popular with the Japanese travellers and expats. Hubby G and I had already tried couple of Yakitori places in Jakarta however we only found them pretty average; we certainly hoped Kado would be 'the Yakitori place' to go to.

Tucked at a corner of the basement of Intercontinental Hotel Midplaza.






Located at the basement of Intercontinental Hotel MidPlaza, Kado wasn't what I had expected of a restaurant in a hotel. It looks like a family-run Japanese eatery(though belonging a chain of restaurants), unassuming and easily missed- definitely not your usual high end intimidating hotel restaurants. This place is good for anyone who just want to come casually dressed and enjoy an easy evening with family and friends.

The manager/chef is a very friendly Japanese lady and almost all the diners were Japanese. Good start. My philosophy- If the locals of that specific cuisine patron the restaurant, it mean the food must be quite authentic.

Mostly Japanese males on a weekday.
'Food in progress'.
The menu is a Yakitori lover's heaven; it has an extensive range of chicken, beef, pork and vegetables. It also offers other cooked food like miso soup, chawanmushi, curry, etc.

Chawanmushi, my little boy's favourite. (Steamed Egg Custard)

Yakitori- Pork belly, chicken liver, chicken thigh.











































Also ordered the wings and chicken skin. Yummy.






























Hubby G and I both agreed that Kado is indeed one of the better Yakitori places in Jakarta; in fact the best out of all we tried in Jakarta so far. The prices are reasonable too; chicken yakitori starts at about 12,000idr per stick (~1.2usd) and the bill was about 350,000idr (~35usd) for the both of us. The only downside of the restaurant is that they do not section the smoking/non-smoking areas; so depending on your luck, you might sit next to a smoking table (not too great if you are pregnant like me or have children).

We actually went there twice within the same week! Hehe..yes my craving is indeed satisfied now :)

P.s: Make sure you make a reservation on Saturdays! We couldn't get a seat (it was fullhouse!) when we went on a Saturday and had to return the next day.

Address
Kado
Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav 10/11 
Intercontinental Hotel Midplaza Jakarta LG Floor
Tel: +(62)215732030




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opting for a Natural Birth without Epidural

Thinking of an all natural birth? You are not the only mad one. " Ladies, I've decided." I announced abruptly a couple of weeks ago during lunch. All three of my buddies cum colleagues stopped in in their tracks; and put down the burgers that I sort of coerced them to eat because of my unusual craving. "I'm going for an Au Naturale birth." I said in a very determined tone. Mitch, who opted for elective caesarean when she had her son, looked at me wide-eyed and exclaimed, " You mean without epidural?" " Yes without epidural." I sounded somewhat proud with myself. Fung, as her usual no-nonsense self, asked bluntly, " So what's your treshold of pain?" Without hesitation, I replied, " Very bad." --- SO WHY OPT FOR A NATURAL BIRTH WITHOUT EPIDURAL? --- Pros of Natural Birth (With or Without Epidural) 1. Ability to move freely during labour 2. Reduced risk of blood loss or other complications af

Car Free Sunday in Jakarta Downtown

We were heading to church at IES (International English Service), when we realised that both routes that the GPS recommended were all blocked. We got down and decided to check it out. Totally not geared in any sporty outfits, we looked pretty out of place strolling in my yellow jumpsuit(wore this especially for church! Yellow = happy...haha) and Ferragamos.  How strange but cool at the same time! Empty roads in Jakarta. LOTS of cyclist as well as joggers. Some booths selling bikes. More people cycling. Decided to keep a picture of me standing right in the middle of the road. That's the only time I can do so, right? Cyclist, joggers and skaters all congregated. Can you spot the children skating? We thought it is a really great movement implemented by the Indonesian Government. You could really find groups of friends and family gathering for this; either just strolling, sitting along the road, cycling, etc.  We would definitely bring Alex for on

Fashion and Makeup Tricks For The Lazy Beauty

I was going through all my posts and realised that there isn't a single one on fashion. It's a little cliche since the blog is named Mummynista... Hence I decided that I should probably start blogging a little more on fashion and beauty and not just food. Otherwise, I might just need to change the blog name to Fatmamanista. *cackles* If you've read ' About Me ' or knew me personally back then, you would probably know how much I used to dress up. Everyday WAS  'I need to be fabulous' day. However since pregnancy and giving birth, my fashion laziness just escalated. Nevertheless, I need to reinforce the emphasis of still looking good. Even as wives, we still need to stay competitive...if you get what I mean. I go by these subconscious rules nowadays: 1. Buy clothes that does not require ironing. Have at least one body flattering jeans. 2. Scarfs are my best friends on lazy days. 3. To look like I've put in some effort dressing up- wear sandals i