Skip to main content

Fashion and Makeup Tricks For The Lazy Beauty

I was going through all my posts and realised that there isn't a single one on fashion. It's a little cliche since the blog is named Mummynista...

Hence I decided that I should probably start blogging a little more on fashion and beauty and not just food. Otherwise, I might just need to change the blog name to Fatmamanista. *cackles*

If you've read 'About Me' or knew me personally back then, you would probably know how much I used to dress up. Everyday WAS  'I need to be fabulous' day. However since pregnancy and giving birth, my fashion laziness just escalated. Nevertheless, I need to reinforce the emphasis of still looking good. Even as wives, we still need to stay competitive...if you get what I mean.

I go by these subconscious rules nowadays:

1. Buy clothes that does not require ironing. Have at least one body flattering jeans.
2. Scarfs are my best friends on lazy days.
3. To look like I've put in some effort dressing up- wear sandals instead of Havaianas.

I've also included the makeup products that I use, since quite a number of people has been asking me about it. My makeup routine is pretty fuss-free on a usual day.

Dig the latest fashion accessory that I'm carrying? 
Best custom-made item ever. hehe.
On me: V-neck Uniqlo shirt, Ethnic print scarf, Ripped Skinny jeans and Black Strappy Sandals from Muji.
On Alex: Checkered Linen Shirt and Denim Shorts from Zara Baby.

I actually hate taking Selfies but this is to show you 
my makeup. And icks..ignore my hair..
really bad hair day.
The 3 wonders: Dr Jart BB cream, Canmake Waterproof concealer and Urban Decay Underground eyeliner.
1. Start with the concealer around the under eye then continue to highlight your nose bridge and chin with it. 2. Apply the BB cream over it. 3. Finally finish off by tracing the eyeliner around the upper lids and eye corners, with a little on the lowerlids.


I can't give enough praise for these three beauty products. I have been using them for years and I would swear by them; I mean it definitely worked very well for me. I actually find them better than brands like Dior, MAC, Stilla, etc. 

I've tried tons and tons of BB cream and I find Dr Jart BB cream by far the best in terms of price and quality. It gives a sheer coverage not like some BB cream that leaves you looking gray. It is also moisturizing for dry and sensitive skin like mine...I do not have a habit of using a moisturiser. *guilty* They have a range of different ones; this one is whitening and I find that it provides the most coverage. I also like the hydrating range. ( see below)

Read Allure's review here.
As for Canmake concealer, it's Japanese, waterproof and gives excellent coverage without being cakey for the whole day. What more can a girl ask for? I couldn't find any other waterproof concealer other than this, please let me know if you do! I love trying new products. 

Urban Decay eyeliners are quite well known in the make-up realm; it is so smooth and easy to apply. And best of all, it doesn't smudge! I used to be a fan of Dior Show waterproof eyeliner but it freaking smudged all the time..so I traded the 60 bucks eyeliner for one that is half the price and twice longer-lasting :D











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opting for a Natural Birth without Epidural

Thinking of an all natural birth? You are not the only mad one. " Ladies, I've decided." I announced abruptly a couple of weeks ago during lunch. All three of my buddies cum colleagues stopped in in their tracks; and put down the burgers that I sort of coerced them to eat because of my unusual craving. "I'm going for an Au Naturale birth." I said in a very determined tone. Mitch, who opted for elective caesarean when she had her son, looked at me wide-eyed and exclaimed, " You mean without epidural?" " Yes without epidural." I sounded somewhat proud with myself. Fung, as her usual no-nonsense self, asked bluntly, " So what's your treshold of pain?" Without hesitation, I replied, " Very bad." --- SO WHY OPT FOR A NATURAL BIRTH WITHOUT EPIDURAL? --- Pros of Natural Birth (With or Without Epidural) 1. Ability to move freely during labour 2. Reduced risk of blood loss or other complications af

Car Free Sunday in Jakarta Downtown

We were heading to church at IES (International English Service), when we realised that both routes that the GPS recommended were all blocked. We got down and decided to check it out. Totally not geared in any sporty outfits, we looked pretty out of place strolling in my yellow jumpsuit(wore this especially for church! Yellow = happy...haha) and Ferragamos.  How strange but cool at the same time! Empty roads in Jakarta. LOTS of cyclist as well as joggers. Some booths selling bikes. More people cycling. Decided to keep a picture of me standing right in the middle of the road. That's the only time I can do so, right? Cyclist, joggers and skaters all congregated. Can you spot the children skating? We thought it is a really great movement implemented by the Indonesian Government. You could really find groups of friends and family gathering for this; either just strolling, sitting along the road, cycling, etc.  We would definitely bring Alex for on